Houma Successions Lawyer
As an attorney and Certified Financial Planner™, John Sirois of Houma, Louisiana, can offer a unique combination of estate, elder law, asset protection, and retirement planning services:
- Estate Planning
- Medicaid/Long-Term Care Planning
- Successions and Probate
- Probate Avoidance
- Special Needs Planning
- Asset Protection
- Disability Planning
- Retirement Distributions
- Long-Term Care Planning
Did you know that the distribution of your retirement plan assets is not controlled by your will? This is one of the reasons why it is critical to coordinate your retirement plan beneficiary designations with your estate plan.
Thibodaux Estate Planning Lawyer
Houma estate and retirement planning attorney John Sirois serves clients with these immediate needs:
- Successions and Probate. Making a smooth transfer of your assets requires a skilled attorney.
- Estate Planning. Maintain control over the distribution of your assets and protect your loved ones.
- Trusts. Trusts allow you to exert control over your assets even when you are no longer around.
- Living Trusts and Probate Avoidance. Develop a plan to allow your loved ones to inherit your assets without the expense and delay of probate.
- Wills. Wills help you make certain that you disburse your property according to your wishes, and not according to the default rules of the state of Louisiana.
- Long-Term Care and Medicaid Issues. Planning to protect your assets from the devastating effects of an extended long-term care need.
- Special Needs Planning. Avoid disqualifying your loved one with a disability by leaving assets to a special needs trust.
- Asset Protection. Shelter your wealth using these proven strategies.
- Disability Planning. Protect yourself and your family in the event of your incapacity.
- Retirement Planning. Maximizing retirement plan distributions, including naming a trust as your IRA beneficiary, 72(t) distributions, IRA rollovers and maximizing tax deferral.
In addition to helping his clients with estate planning, John Sirois provides expert advice on retirement distributions. Make sure all of your retirement and estate planning options are explored by seeking the advice of attorney and Certified Financial Planner™, John Sirois.
If you need to create or update your estate plan, wish to avoid probate or concerned about nursing home spend-down, contact lawyer John Sirois at 985-580-2520, or e-mail him for a consultation. His knowledge and experience will bring you peace of mind.