Are you concerned about depleting your hard-earned assets on nursing home expenses for you or your spouse? Contrary to popular belief, many strategies are available to legally protect your life savings from nursing home spend-down. Even if you or your loved one are currently in a nursing home, it is not too late to protect your assets. We can help you determine the planning options available to you to avoid nursing home poverty.
Qualifying for Medicaid long-term care in Louisiana can be a daunting task due to the complex laws governing Medicaid. Don’t apply for Medicaid without the guidance of an experienced elder law attorney. If you are concerned about protecting assets from Medicaid spend-down and long-term care expenses, call Houma elder law attorney, John Sirois, at 985-580-2520. Click on the links below to learn more about Louisiana Medicaid long-term care.
- Long-Term Care and Medicaid Planning – An Introduction
- Crisis and Non-Crisis Medicaid Planning
- Qualifying for Medicaid Nursing Home Benefits in Louisiana
- Transferring Assets to Qualify for Medicaid
- Medicaid Annuities
- Estate Recovery and Protecting Your Home in Louisiana
- Avoid this Planning Mistake